photo

I am a scientific software developer at the University of Heidelberg.

I spend 80% of my time in the Department for modelling of biological processes, where I work on spatial-model-editor, a GUI tool to edit and simulate 2d spatial models of bio-chemical reactions. The other 20% of my time I spend in the recently created Scientific Software Center, helping researchers to develop and optimize their scientific software.

I was previously (briefly) a Scientific Software Engineer in the HPC group of the Blue Brain Project, where I added symbolic math features to the the NMODL source-to-source compiler to speed up brain tissue model simulations, see these conference proceedings for more details.

Before that I worked as a theoretical particle physicist at ETH Zurich, CERN, and other research institutes, using super computers to simulate quantum field theories. See the physics page for some of my research publications and talks.